Cook Your Crabcakes Maryland Style!
Now that you have ordered the best Maryland style crabcakes available, it’s time to prepare your kitchen for these delectable treats. Crabcakes can be fixed in a variety of ways, and if you want to do it Maryland style, you could deep-fry them or bake them.
Of course, not everyone has a deep fryer in the kitchen, and frying a crabcake can be messy. We have included instructions on how to cook your crabcake so that it retains its full flavor without creating a huge clean up project!
First, you’ll want to take the crabcakes out of their container they arrived in. We use Styrofoam containers because they keep the crab cakes cold and seal in the flavor. Get your kitchen in order and pour yourself a frosty beer, switch on the baseball game, and get ready for a taste of Maryland.
Crab Cake Cooking Directions
- Make sure the crabcakes are completely thawed.
- Preheat the oven to 425° for approximately 8-10 minutes prior to cooking the crab cakes
- Arrange crab cakes on an un-greased pan. Add a splash of water or small amount of butter on pan before placing crab cakes on the pan to prevent burning or sticking.
- Place crab cakes in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the cakes are golden brown on top and firm to the touch.
- When you remove the crab cakes, their internal temperature should be 145° F.
- Take them from the oven and let set for about 5 minutes before serving.
Once the crab cakes are ready to serve, you can garnish them with parsley. You may want to include ordinary table crackers to accompany the crabcakes, along with lemon, cocktail sauce, or tartar sauce. Remember that the flavor of blue crab is subtle, and you want to enjoy the taste, so go easy on the sauce!