One of the best parts of ordering your crab cakes from Box Hill is the ability to have the crab cakes shipped to your home. However, some nearby residents may be skeptical of shipping crab meat through the mail. Several questions arise like how does the meat stay fresh and will the crab cakes even taste the same. When you order your crab cakes online through Box Hill, you can rest easy knowing your crab cakes will arrive ready to cook and safe to eat.
So can we ship our crab cakes safely to our customers?
Box Hill begins the process by using only fresh ingredients when creating our crab cakes. Not only will fresh ingredients provide the best flavor, they won’t spoil as quickly as older ingredients. We then use Styrofoam containers as a shipping vessel for the crab cakes once an order has been placed. This helps to keep the crab cakes fresh while also helping them hold their shape during transportation. The containers are then packaged using dry ice to help keep the cakes cold and as fresh as possible upon arrival. Dry ice helps to maintain temperature during shipment without the risk of moisture entering the containers. The crabs cakes are shipped the day following the order being placed through Federal Express to ensure freshness and safety.
To order your Box Hill crab cakes, choose one of the three options:
- Stop In: Visit us today to place your take out order! Browse our full menu for more of our fresh entrees and sides to pair with your crab cakes. You can find us at 2915 Emmorton Road in Abingdon, Maryland.
- Call Up: Give us a call at 410-515-3662 to place your crab cake order.
- Click Order: Go online today to place your shipping crab cake order! Crab cakes can be order in groups of 4, 6, 12, 24.
Located in Abingdon, Maryland, our crab cakes are available year round and can be ordered online to be shipped straight to your front door. Order online here or call us at (410)-515-3662. If you ever have any questions or comments about Box Hill or our Maryland crab cakes, use our contact form here.
Here are the easy cooking steps for your crab cakes:
- For 8-10 minutes, preheat your over at a temperature of 425 degrees.
- Use a pan without grease, using only a small amount of butter or water to cook your crab cakes on.
- Cook crab cakes for about 20 minutes, depending on your oven. Crab cakes should be firm and have a golden brown top with an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
Check out Box Hill Crab Cakes on Facebook, Google+, Twitter and YouTube for all your Maryland’s best crab cake updates!
Tags: crab cake shipping, crab cakes