Seafood lovers rejoice! October is National Seafood Month, and what better way to celebrate than with some Box Hill crabcakes? Seafood contains many nutritional benefits including protein, various vitamins and minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids. The USDA recommends that Americans eat at least two servings of seafood a week, so order from Box Hill today for your seafood needs!
Fish, Shrimp, and Crab
While our crab cakes are the most famous item, we also offer many other seafood options on our menu. We serve fried shrimp, stuffed shrimp, beer-battered rockfish, fish and chips, fried seafood and a broiled seafood platter. We also serve sandwiches and salads featuring seafood. To learn a little more about seafood, let’s look at the benefits of fish, shrimp, and crab:
- Fish is low in cholesterol, as it has very little fat, and the fat that it does have is mostly unsaturated fat. Eating fish two or three times a week can help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Fish is the world’s best source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are crucial for your body and brain
- Fatty fish, such as salmon, trout, sardines, tuna, and mackerel, are considered the healthiest types of fish since they are higher in fat-based nutrients.
- Studies show that people who eat fish regularly have a lower risk of heart attacks, strokes, and death from heart disease.
- Shrimp is very low in calories, as one medium shrimp provides only about seven calories. Shrimp cocktail is one of the best appetizers you can eat, three jumbo shrimp with cocktail sauce adds up to less than 60 calories- 10 less than just one pig in a blanket.
- Four ounces of steamed shrimp contains over 100% of the recommended daily value for selenium and over 75% for vitamin B12. Selenium is an essential antioxidant that helps fight damaging particles called free radicals, which damage cell membranes and DNA, leading to premature aging and disease.
- Almost all crab meat is high in phosphorous concentration, a crucial element in teeth and bones.
- With all of the nutrients found in crab, it’s a great food for cognition and the activity of your nervous system.
- Minerals and nutrients including omega-3 fatty acids, copper, and selenium reduce inflammation, so crab is a great food for those suffering from arthritis, gout or gastrointestinal inflammation issues.
Benefits of Seafood
- Seafood, in general, is an excellent source of protein and is high in many important vitamins and minerals, including iodine, zinc, potassium, and phosphorus.
- Seafood averages less than 2% fat and is low in calories- with fewer calories than even the leanest meat.
- When it comes to cooking seafood, you don’t need to trim any fat. Simply grill, barbecue, bake, steam, poach or microwave your seafood to keep a low calorie count. And for those days when we want a little something special, order your favorite fried seafood and delicious crab cakes from Box Hill!
It’s Always the Right Time for Box Hill
Box Hill Crab Cakes is your source for the freshest, most authentic Maryland crab cakes—and we’ll ship them to your door! Our top-secret family recipe has been fine-tuned for decades, and we guarantee you will love them. Visit us online to place your order or give us a call at 410-515-3662. Want to get recipe ideas, updates, and information on sales? Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Trip Advisor, YouTube, and Twitter.Order Today!