Last year, the Chesapeake Bay Program released a Chesapeake Bay Watershed Agreement that highlighted 10 broad goals to help restore the Chesapeake Bay. This past week, the CBP released twenty five new strategies to help reach these goals. They also announced that the general public has the ability to comment on these strategies from now until the end of April.
The agreement had been signed by the governors of Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Delaware, New York, and Pennsylvania along with the D.C. mayor back on June 16th. The draft plan is now available for public view to help create a more concrete plan to help save and restore the Chesapeake Bay. The strategies were categorized into five themes, which are:
- Engaged Communities
- Clean Water
- Conserved lands
- Abundant Life
- Climate Change
Some of the strategies listed in the draft include:
- Underwater Grasses- Work to improve the clarity of water to help the growth of underwater grasses and grass beds
- Blue Crab- Implementing a new benchmark stock assessment to help maintain a productive and stable fishery
- Toxic Contaminants- Create a new approach to help control contaminants on a local, state, and federal level
- Climate Resiliency- Use data to monitor climate change and understand the connection between bay restoration and climate change
- Wetlands- Map out the wetland areas and establish areas of focus and concern
To view the entire draft and to voice your opinion, click here.
At Box Hill, we continue to bring our loyal customers delicious Maryland Crab Cakes to enjoy throughout the year. We remain positive that the Chesapeake Bay will bounce back from the obstacles it continues to face and we can continue to serve only the highest quality crab cakes.
Not sure how to cook your crab cakes? Here are your steps!
- For 8-10 minutes, preheat your over at a temperature of 425 degrees.
- Use a pan without grease, using only a small amount of butter or water to cook your crab cakes on.
- Cook crab cakes for about 20 minutes, depending on your oven. Crab cakes should be firm and have a golden brown top with an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
Located in Abingdon, Maryland, our crab cakes are available year round and can be ordered online to be shipped straight to your front door. Order online here or call us at (410)-515-3662. If you ever have any questions or comments about Box Hill or our Maryland crab cakes, use our contact form here.