Everyone knows that crabs are delicious. But did you know that they also provide lots of benefits to your health? Here are some of the health benefits of eating crabs:
- Low in calories- 100g of crabs contains between 85-90 calories, a fairly low number.
- Healthy fats- Crabs contain mainly unsaturated fats, which are the healthy kind of fats. They also have lots of omega-3 fatty acids, which contain proteins that can improve your memory, and decrease the risk f heart attacks and cancer.
- Vitamins- Crabs have vitamins A, C, and B vitamins including B12. They also have minerals such as zinc and copper. If you’re concerned about mercury in your seafood, crabs have a very low risk for mercury content because they’re near the bottom of the food chain.
- Selenium and chromium- Crabs contain both selenium and chromium. Selenium is an antioxidant which protects the body from carcinogens like cadmium, mercury, and arsenic. Chromium helps insulin metabolize sugar, making crabs great for those with diabetes.
- Good cholesterol- In addition to metabolizing sugar, chromium also increases the levels of good cholesterol (HDL) in the body, which reduces the risk of stroke and heart disease.
What’s another benefit of eating crabs? They taste great! So fill up on crabs with the knowledge that both your taste buds and your body will thank you for it.
About Box Hill Crab Cakes:
Voted one of Maryland’s best restaurants for crabcakes, give us a try and you too will be a satisfied customer who will be back for more! Contact us today to try some of Maryland’s best crab cakes.
Boxhill’s Crabcakes, made from a secret family recipe, have grown in popularity for over 25 years.
Check out Boxhill Crab Cakes on Facebook, Google+, Twitter and YouTube for all your Maryland’s best crab cake updates!
Tags: crabs, health benefits of crabs