As one of the most popular foods in the world, pizza is portable, fun to eat, and delicious. As one of the most versatile foods, it can be customized with nearly endless possibilities, including various types of cheese, meats, vegetables- or even dessert pizzas topped with chocolate and fruit! Check out these fun facts you may not have known about pizza, then come visit us at Box Hill to satisfy those pizza cravings!
- The World Record for eating pizza is 40 and a half slices in just ten minutes. Competitive eater Joey Chestnut from Kentucky won this record in 2010.
- Speaking of world records, the world’s largest pizza was constructed in Rome in 2012 and measured 1,261.65 square meters (or 4,139.27 feet). In 2001, the longest pizza delivery was made to the International Space Station — an order of a salami pizza.
- Pizza sales in the United States average at about 3 billion sold per year. This number makes sense, considering the fact that 93 percent of American eat pizza at least once a month. To go even further, the average American eats about 23 pounds of pizza per year.
- For everyone that loves pizza, make sure you mark your calendar for September 5, National Cheese Pizza Day!
- Each year, many pizza lovers from around the world gather in Las Vegas for the International Pizza Expo. For the past 33 years, pizza enthusiasts and exhibitors have set up about 1,400 booths to celebrate pizza and share trade secrets. If you’re thinking about purchasing a ticket for this event, it’s unfortunately closed to the public and reserved for restaurant owners, ingredient distributors, and other representatives from the pizza industry.
- Regarding the history of pizza, pizza is a relatively new food. Although many cultures around the world have served some version of a flatbread dish for centuries, pizza in the way that we think of it today came about in the 1800s. In fact, the first pizza to be served with the traditional mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil toppings was first served in 1889.
It’s Always the Right Time for Box Hill
We are located in Abingdon, Maryland, and our crab cakes are available year-round! If you ever have any questions or comments about Box Hill or our Maryland crab cakes, use our contact form here.
Box Hill Crab Cakes is your source for the freshest, most authentic Maryland crab cakes—and we’ll ship them to your door! Our top-secret family recipe has been fine-tuned for decades, and we guarantee you will love them. Visit us online to place your order or give us a call at 410-515-3662. Want to get recipe ideas, updates, and information on sales? Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Trip Advisor, YouTube, and Twitter.Order Today!
Tags: Box Hill, Box Hill Crabcakes, pizza