Thanksgiving is only a couple weeks away. Turkey is delicious and traditional, but why not add crab cakes to the mix? Celebrate Thanksgiving in true Maryland style by bringing crab cakes for the whole family! We offer crab cake packages with up to 24 crab cakes. Accompany Thanksgiving tradition with Baltimore tradition and your party will be a hit!
What Drinks Go With Crab Cakes?
Because crab cakes are made with a combination of seafood, bread crumbs, and creamy sauces, there are a lot of good drink choices that go well with crab cakes. Here are some ideas for what to pick up on your way to the party.
- Sparkling Wine. Sparkling wine is the go-to choice for anything fried, including crab cakes. Champagne has brioche notes that bring out the flavor of crispy, fried breadcrumbs and mayo-based sauces.
- Pinot Blanc. A Pinot Blanc has distinct fruit flavors, ranging from apples to pears to peaches to citrus. Any of these flavors work well to bring out the sweetness of the crab without having a strong acidity that will overpower the delicate flavor of the crab cake.
- Chardonnay. Chardonnay is the classic crab cake pairing. Chardonnays tend to go well with crab cakes because they complement the rich butter flavors and the sweetness of the crab meat. We suggest an oaked Chardonnay for a little more character, like Patz & Hall Chardonnay.
- Wheat Beer. Not a wine person? Want something more informal? Lucky for you, crab cakes also go excellently with beer! We recommend a wheat beer to bring out the bready flavor of the crab cakes. If you like to put extra Old Bay on your crab cakes, a good wheat beer will do more for the spicy flavor than any wine could wish to do.
What Other Sides Can I Bring to Dinner?
If you are in charge of preparing your family’s Thanksgiving feast and you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed, don’t worry! Order your crab cakes and sides ahead of time, and you’ll have a whole dinner already prepared while your turkey is still in the oven.
- We offer a variety of salads that cater to everyone’s tastes. We have vegan and vegetarian options, seafood salads, and chicken salads! We have all the classic favorites to suit everyone’s style.
- Come in and ask about our soups. Our selection changes daily, and our soups are always homemade!
- We have a huge selection of platters that are great for bringing to parties. We have crab cake, chicken, roast beef, even turkey platters! Make sure to order your favorites! Check out our menu to see even more options.
Located in Abingdon, Maryland, our crab cakes are available year round and can be ordered online to be shipped straight to your front door. Order online here or call us at (410)-515-3662. If you ever have any questions or comments about Box Hill or our Maryland crab cakes, use our contact form here.Order Today!