August is National Sandwich Month, and Box Hill happens to have a variety of subs, club sandwiches, special sandwiches, and platters for our customers to enjoy! Continue reading to learn a few fun facts and our sandwich options available in the restaurant or for pickup.
Fun Facts About Sandwiches
- The 18th-century aristocrat Earl of Sandwich gave sandwiches their modern name, but the basic concept of a sandwich came many years earlier. It is said that the ancient Jewish sage Hillel the Elder wrapped lamb-meat and bitter herbs between two pieces of matzoh during Passover.
- The sandwich grew in popularity in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Early versions of the “wrap” have been found in Asia and Africa.
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are very popular in America- the average child eats about 1,500 before finishing high school.
- Submarine sandwiches, most commonly called subs, are called “hoagies” in Philadelphia and “heroes” in New York.
Club sandwiches make a delicious lunch, and Box Hill has a few options to choose from! We have chicken salad, ham, roast beef, tuna salad, and turkey clubs on the menu. You can choose between toasted and non-toasted, your bread of choice (bun, croissant, rye, white, whole wheat, or a wrap,) and condiments, including tomato, pickles, lettuce, dressing, and even bacon for an extra $.95!
Our special sandwiches cover every type of meal you could want, from chicken to seafood! If you’re in the mood for chicken, choose from our breast of chicken filet sandwich, chicken salad, or the grilled chicken special. If you feel like seafood for lunch, order our softshell sandwich, fish on a roll, seafood salad, shrimp salad, or tuna salad! Other special sandwiches include ham and cheese, turkey, grilled cheese, roast beef, caesar wrap, BLT, hamburger, and cheeseburger.
Don’t forget about the kids! Box Hill also has a children’s menu, so you can take the whole family out to lunch or dinner this month. Choose from grilled cheese, a hamburger, or a cheeseburger with fries.
It’s Always the Right Time for Box Hill
We are located in Abingdon, Maryland, and our crab cakes are available year-round! If you ever have any questions or comments about Box Hill or our Maryland crab cakes, use our contact form here.
Box Hill Crab Cakes is your source for the freshest, most authentic Maryland crab cakes—and we’ll ship them to your door! Our top-secret family recipe has been fine-tuned for decades, and we guarantee you will love them. Visit us online to place your order or give us a call at 410-515-3662. Want to get recipe ideas, updates, and information on sales? Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Trip Advisor, YouTube, and Twitter.Order Today!
Tags: Box Hill, Box Hill Crabcakes, Maryland crab cakes, national sandwich month, sandwich