Whether you are hosting a dinner party, serving your family dinner, or having a date night dinner, crab cakes are a perfect entrée. When you choose to order crab cakes from Box Hill, you are receiving a ready to cook entrée right at your doorstep. Once you have received your Box Hill crab cakes, the only thing left for you to do is bake and serve! However, some people may want to serve sides along with their crab cakes, but aren’t sure what to choose. Here are some easy sides that will compliment your crab cakes.
- Salad- A fresh garden salad with a light salad dressing is a great way to begin your meal. The salad is refreshing and not overpowering for your crab cakes.
- Potatoes- There is a number of ways to serve potatoes as a side with your crab cakes. The most popular way to serve potatoes is mashed with cream and butter or as French fries. If you are trying to find a healthier way to serve potatoes, roast your potatoes instead with light salt and olive oil. You can also cut up butternut squash as a substitute to French fries, or serve sweet potatoes that are currently in season.
- Couscous- Couscous is a fun way to complement your crab cakes. Add your favorite seasoning with a splash of olive oil to complete this quick and easy side.
- Rice- Whether you prefer brown or white rice, this is an easy and filling way to complement your crab cake dinner!
- Vegetables- Choose whatever fresh vegetables are currently in season to serve alongside your crab cake entrees. Roast or steam your veggies to give your meal a healthier feel.
Not sure how to cook your crab cakes? Here are your steps!
- For 8-10 minutes, preheat your over at a temperature of 425 degrees.
- Use a pan without grease, using only a small amount of butter or water to cook your crab cakes on.
- Cook crab cakes for about 20 minutes, depending on your oven. Crab cakes should be firm and have a golden brown top with an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
Located in Abingdon, Maryland, our crab cakes are available year round and can be ordered online to be shipped straight to your front door. Order online here or call us at (410)-515-3662. If you ever have any questions or comments about Box Hill or our Maryland crab cakes, use our contact form here.