When you think of shipping crab cakes from a restaurant, some may become skeptical of the process. How do you ship fresh blue crab meat and expect it to arrive to its destination without becoming ruined? Won’t it make you sick? Not when you choose Box Hill crab cakes when you choose shipping crab cakes.
Shipping Crab Cakes with Box Hill
When shipping crab cakes, Box Hill has perfected the process to ensure our crab cakes arrive on your door step quickly, ready to be cooked. Our process begins with using only the freshest ingredients when preparing our crab cakes; ingredients that are not fresh are sure to spoil more quickly. Once you have placed your crab cake order, we take your crab cakes and package them in their own Styrofoam containers. This prevents the cakes from becoming mushy and clumping together. The Styrofoam containers are then packaged on dry ice. Dry ice will help the crab cakes remain fresh and at a cool temperature during shipment. Shipping crab cakes occurs next day thanks to Federal Express next day shipping.
So how do you go about ordering your crab cakes? Box Hill offers you 3 options:
- Stop In: Visit us today to place your take out order! Browse our full menu for more of our fresh entrees and sides to pair with your crab cakes. You can find us at 2915 Emmorton Road in Abingdon, Maryland.
- Call Up: Give us a call at 410-515-3662 to place your crab cake order.
- Click Order: Go online today to place your shipping crab cake order! Crab cakes can be order in groups of 4, 6, 12, 24.
Once you have received your Box Hill crab cakes, cooking them to perfection is simple! Follow these steps and you will be well on your way to preparing a crab cake dinner your family and friends are sure to love!
- For 8-10 minutes, preheat your over at a temperature of 425 degrees.
- Use a pan without grease, using only a small amount of butter or water to cook your crab cakes on.
- Cook crab cakes for about 20 minutes, depending on your oven. Crab cakes should be firm and have a golden brown top with an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
Shipping crab cakes and enjoying them with friends and family is the only way to go when you choose Box Hill! Follow us today on Google+, Facebook, and Twitter!