March 9th is one of the best food holidays of the year- National Crab Meat Day! The American food holiday is observed every year and is a day for all crab lovers to enjoy their favorite seafood. The holiday falls on a Saturday this year, and what better way to celebrate than to come into Box Hill for our world famous crab cakes for lunch or dinner! Enjoy our Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes in the restaurant, or order a few online to send them to loved ones as a delicious gift!
- Before we observe the holiday by eating crab meat or crab cakes, let’s check out a few interesting facts about the crustacean.
- There are 1.5 million tons of crab consumed each year around the world
- Crabs have been around for a very long time- they first showed up during the Jurassic period 200 million years ago
- There are thousands of different species of crabs, but only a handful are pursued as a food source
- Crab meat is high in phosphorus concentration, which is a crucial element in teeth and bones
- Crab meat also has a diverse range of nutrients, including copper, vitamin B2, selenium, and omega-3 fatty acids, and is great for cognition and the activity of your nervous system. It is also high in omega-3 fatty acids, which balance your cholesterol levels and promote anti-inflammatory activity throughout the body
How To Enjoy Crab Meat
At Box Hill, you can have crab cakes any way you like. In Maryland crab cakes can be served on their own, or come as a sandwich, topped with a few condiments such as lettuce, tomato, and dressing on a toasted bun. If you want to switch it up, Box Hill also offers a delicious Crab Cake Sub, with two crab cakes served on a sub roll. Most crab cakes are served with a side of tasty fries, but for those looking for a healthier option, crab meat also pair great with a side salad, or even on top of a salad! However you choose to enjoy the crab cakes, we guarantee you’ll be satisfied with your meal at Box Hill!
It’s Always the Right Time for Box Hill
We are located in Abingdon, Maryland, and our crab cakes are available year-round! If you ever have any questions or comments about Box Hill or our Maryland crab cakes, use our contact form here.
Box Hill Crab Cakes is your source for the freshest, most authentic Maryland crab cakes—and we’ll ship them to your door! Our top-secret family recipe has been fine-tuned for decades, and we guarantee you will love them. Visit us online to place your order or give us a call at 410-515-3662. Want to get recipe ideas, updates, and information on sales? Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Trip Advisor, YouTube, and Twitter.